Don’t forget swimming carnival tomorrow! See the attached flyer and letter for more information
Swimming Carnival 2018
Thursday 6th of September 2018 is the MacKillop Catholic College Whole School Swimming Carnival being held at the Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre (31 Tilston Av, Moulden, NT 0830, Ph: 08 8932 3474). Events will begin at 9.30am and the day will finish at 2pm with the presentation of the winning house trophy to be held back at MacKillop Catholic College. Buses will depart at 8:45am and return by 2:30pm. Senior students whom have had their Driver Policy agreements approved can drive to and from the carnival via their own transport.
Students will compete in the age group that they are turning this year. For example if your child has their 13th birthday this year, but it is not turning 13 until December 22nd, they will still compete in the 13yr old category. As the PARRS Swimming Carnival is the following evening (7th September), nominations for this event are being accepted now (before the College carnival – via return of the attached permission form). If there is more than two nominated females and 2 nominated males in each event, times at the College carnival will then need to be used.As this is a regular school day, all students are expected to attend and have absences explained. Along with the swimming events, there is novelty games, cheering and dry activities happening throughout the day.
Please remind your child of our following expectations:
- Need to wear their house colour uniforms, runners, school hats and sunscreen. To ensure sun protection and health regulations are maintained, those who come without hats will have these charged to family accounts.
- Competitors can wear bathing suits during competition.
- No face paint or coloured hair spray may be worn.
- Fundraiser BBQ is available on the day, however the pool kiosk will be closed to encourage healthy eating options.
- Any students with high medical concerns are asked to see Ms Claire on arrival at the carnival
For your child’s safety, please ensure all medical details at the College are up to date (including medical action plans where relevant) and contact me directly with any concerns here.
Parents and families are most welcome at this event and can help us provide a community-focused, active and fun day. I hope to see you there!