Year 10 into 11 Subject Information Evening
Monday, 20 August 2018
Dear Parents, Caregivers and Students,
On Tuesday 21st August, MacKillop Catholic College will be hosting the Year 10 into Year 11 Subject Information evening for 2019 in the Fr. Jerry Remie Library starting at 5:30pm. Light refreshments will be provided during this evening.
Your attendance at this evening is important and beneficial for your child’s senior education.
Information that will be discussed throughout the evening includes:
- What is and how does the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET) work?
- The different academic pathways which MacKillop Catholic College offer and facilitate;
- Compulsory subjects (ACARA)
- NTCET Completion; PLP
- School Based Apprenticeships/Traineeships
- Specific subject information
The schedule for this evening can be found on the back of this letter.
The information mentioned above and other information which will be presented throughout the evening, will best prepare you and your child to complete the Subject Survey and then Subject Selection forms in the coming weeks. This form will be part of your ‘Subject Selection Packs’ given out on the night.
If for whatever reason you are unable to attend this evening please email myself, [email protected], so I can send you the required information from this evening.
All students will need to return their Subject Survey Form by Friday 24th August 2018. The Deputy Principal Academic Studies and myself, will then compile the subjects and lines to be offered in 2019. A Subject Selection Form will be handed to students on Monday 3rd September to be completed, signed and handed back in on Friday 7th September.
For any further information regarding this information or evening, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone:
Email: [email protected]
Phone (08) 8930 5757
Jozef Fryckowski – Head of Senior Years- Curriculum
Rod Plummer – Deputy Principal- Academic Studies
Year 10 into 11 Information Evening
Please make sure you take a Year 11 2019 information pack at the front door.
|5:30pm||Welcome, Prayer and Introductions||Rod Plummer, DPAS|
|5:35pm||Religious Education and Retreats||Marie Butt, APRE|
Year 11 Senior Years Overview
– The NTCET an overview
– NTCET pathways
– The process (Survey & Subject Selections)
Head of Senior Years
– College Offerings vs external RTO’s
|Tonia Folino-Cerelli & Rachel Taylor
Head of Flexible Learning & RTO Manager
Subject Coordinator and Student Support Introductions
· Art – Sherri Bryers
· Design & Technology, and Home Economics
– Paul Dimmick
· English – Alix Stirling
· Health & Physical Education – Roxy Claire
· Humanities – Mitch Muslin
· Information Technology – Vanaja Arakkal
· Languages – Candice Slingerland
· Mathematics – Mark Wilson
· Music – Kathryn Ezzy
· Outdoor Education – Jade Cole
· Religious Education – Marie Butt
· Science – Jozef Fryckowski/ Andreas Shepley
· Other subject teachers
Student Support Services
· Flexible Learning & VET – Tonia Folino-Cerelli
· Inclusion Support – Gordon Middleton
Head of Senior Years
Subject Overviews and Specific Information
– Parents, Carers and Students are encouraged to approach Subject Coordinators to find out more information regarding subjects
**Parents, Carers, Students, other Stakeholders and Teachers are welcomed to light refreshments provided for the night**
Year 12 Lunch Room
|7:00pm||Evening conclusion||Lauretta Graham, Principal|
**Subject Survey Forms are DUE by Friday 24th August 2018 with required signatures**